As we have three year funding from the Big Lottery an exciting new role is now available at ACE IT for a person with excellent IT Skills who enjoys working with older people and volunteers.
Hours per week – 21 (ideally Monday to Wednesday but flexible arrangements are available)
Salary – £9610
Duration – 12 month contract with potential to be extended dependent on funding
Responsible to – Development Co-ordinator
Place of work – initially 44 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, plus travel to five or more Edinburgh care homes for older people. Please note – location of office will change from September 2019
Disclosure Scotland / PVG – this role is subject to satisfactory completion of a PVG Scheme check and completion of an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Probation period – 3 months
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and caring person to develop and run our Outreach work throughout Edinburgh.
One element offers one to one person centred learning sessions for older people who are struggling with any digital equipment. The sessions are based in our office at Hanover Street. The second element is dealing with the ‘Moose in the Hoose’, a project that provides IT learning and support to residents currently in five care homes in Edinburgh while the third aspect is with women who are seeking work and require to learn or improve their IT Skills.
We already have dedicated enthusiastic, trained volunteers to work with older people and care home residents, in the office and within other outreach projects.
* Support all volunteers who work within the care homes and other projects
* Through creation and maintenance of a volunteer rota, ensure there is always two volunteers in attendance in the care homes
* Work with the Development Co-ordinator to produce and update learning packs for all outreach services and provide the training and outreach sessions
* Monitor, evaluate and report on the three projects, to include – compiling weekly reports from feedback forms on outreach activities, monitoring attendance and creating case studies to give an understanding of the impact our services are having on the learner and what lessons can be learned
* Liaise with care home staff to optimise the number of learners using our service
* Keep an inventory of all equipment and troubleshoot any equipment problems
* IT skills, including experience and knowledge of Apple and Android systems
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Experience and understanding of older people’s needs, including those who have dementia and other vulnerabilities plus the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding
* Experience of volunteer management and support
* Reliable and well organised
* Ability to travel around Edinburgh
* Experience of the charitable sector
* Full driving licence and own transport.
Please provide details of your experience and qualifications and fill in our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and return to Dolina Gorman (ACE IT Scotland Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 26th July 2019. If you would like to know more about the role please call 0131 477 3883.