ACE IT Scotland are looking for one or two new Trustees to join the Board. This flourishing Edinburgh-based charity provides coaching and support for people over 50 to use computer technology. The charity has a small but enthusiastic group of staff, a team of over 25 volunteers and a strong, committed Board of Trustees. Trustee meetings are held every three months, currently by video conference but normally at our office in central Edinburgh.
This is an exciting time to join; lockdown has showed just how important computer technology is for the wellbeing, connectivity and active involvement of older people. In response, we diversified our activities, developing a very popular ACE IT Coaching Helpline service and a successful Tech Library where tablet devices are lent out to help older people stay connected. We want to build on these developments, and find ways to offer our valued 1:1 tailored computer coaching, the ‘Moose in the Hoose’ IT and befriending service, as well as other community based projects.
The Trustee’s role is to
- Contribute to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Strategic Plan
- Ensure that the charity complies with OSCR regulations and its own governing documentation
- Sustain and monitor the financial position of the charity.
- Ability to understand and accept your responsibilities and liabilities as a Trustee and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement and work effectively as a board member.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussions
- Numeracy to the extent required to understand financial records and accounts
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience or skills related to fundraising, legal issues and governance. As an organisation we value diversity and we warmly welcome applications from people with protected characteristics.
Applications should be made to email@example.com. Please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are interested in applying for the role, how your skills and experience match the person specification, how you can add value to the board and any other relevant info.