Vacancy: Coaching Coordinator
- Part-time, 21 hours per week, Tues to Thurs – 9am to 4.30pm
- Salary equivalent £9.30/hour (£16,926 pro-rata). Funded to 1 June 2022 with potential to extend subject to funding. 3-month probation period.
- Initially home working during restrictions then based in ACE IT office, plus occasional travel to outreach projects & care homes around Edinburgh
- Annual leave – 30 days pro-rata (including public holidays)
- Closing 23rd April 2021
ACE IT Scotland exists to advance the knowledge and connectivity of over-50s in Edinburgh. Through IT coaching and empowerment, we aim to improve the wellbeing, independence and active involvement of older people as citizens.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and caring person to develop and administer our existing one-to-one IT coaching sessions for older people. Under normal circumstances, these sessions are based at our offices at 25 Nicolson Square, Edinburgh. These are aimed at those who wish to improve their knowledge of digital equipment and online resources. The coaching itself is delivered by our great team of volunteers who will be supported by you.
You should have good knowledge of modern digital equipment and internet services along with an interest in helping reduce digital exclusion in older people. This role will involve the day-to-day scheduling, delivery, monitoring and reporting of sessions. This requires a well-organised person who is capable of coordinating the availability of our volunteers with the requirements of our learners to ensure a smooth, well run service.
Occasionally, you may be required to support our outreach work including our ‘Moose in the Hoose’ project which provides IT learning and support to residents currently in five care homes in Edinburgh. We also perform various other types of outreach work in the community from scam workshops to our Work Wise Women employability courses which you will administer along with other members of the team.
With our dedicated and enthusiastic team of volunteers and employees having worked from home for the past year, we will be shortly looking to get back to in-person delivery so this is a great time to join Edinburgh’s longest serving IT charity for older people.
- Administer and coordinate the day to day running of ACE IT One-to-one coaching sessions.
- Through creation and maintenance of a volunteer rota, ensure each learner is paired up with a tutor suited to their needs.
- Maintain an online diary to ensure high quality of service, avoid double bookings, minimize no-shows, maximise use of room hire time.
- Set up meeting rooms for session delivery, troubleshoot equipment faults, Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Work with the Development Coordinator to produce and update learning packs for all outreach services.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the one-to-one coaching project, to include;- compiling weekly reports, gathering feedback via impact assessment forms, monitoring attendance and creating case studies to give an understanding of the impact our service is having.
- Help optimise the number of learners using our service.
- Contribute towards identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Keep an inventory and troubleshoot any equipment problems.
- Undertake any other appropriate tasks delegated by ACE IT Scotland Manager
- IT skills, including experience and knowledge of Windows, Apple and Android systems
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of organising people and/or services in a similar setting to that outlined above
- People minded person with good interpersonal skills
- Experience and understanding of older people’s needs, including those who have dementia and other conditions plus the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding
- Experience of volunteer management and support
- Reliable and well organised
- Ability to travel around Edinburgh when needed
- Experience of the charitable sector
- Experience of administering learning programme content
- Able to create written user guidance and other resources for use on ACE IT Scotland website
Disclosure Scotland PVG – this role is subject to satisfactory completion of a PVG Scheme Adults check.
To apply please send a cover letter stating why you think you are the right candidate for this role along with your CV and Equality Monitoring Form to ACE IT Scotland Manager, Iain Couper firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon 23rd April 2021.
Interviews: w/c Mon 26th April 2021
Commence date: Monday 31st May 2021
If you would like to know more about the role, please email email@example.com or call 07983 396 075.